The Machine Operator is responsible for safely operating all equipment involved in the Blow Molding process. The Machine Operator checks parts produced for any possible defects to ensure top quality product is produced for our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Checks parts produced for any possible defects (including grease, flash, punctures, and other defects) to ensure that customer specifications are met.
- Observes production operation within area of control to verify compliance with quality, safety, production standards, work rules and efficient operation of equipment.
- Reports potential production downtime, scrap production, and quality of each machine under their responsibility and summarizes data from shift.
- Monitors flow of parts into assembling machinery and secondary equipment.
- Tends machines according to machine (product) standard.
- Completes daily reports of parts produced and any scrap parts which resulted, including downtime.
- Maintains housekeeping of all work areas and equipment.
- Ability to start up and shut down equipment.
- Notifies Lead person and/or Shift Supervisor whenever items produced do not meet quality requirements or if machinery needs repair.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months related experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize work tasks
- Ability to communicate well on all levels and good interpersonal skills required
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes or unexpected events
- Possess the ability to work all shifts and required overtime as needed