The Machine Operator is responsible for safely operating all equipment involved in the Palletizing process. The Machine Operator checks parts produced for any possible defects to ensure top quality product is produced for our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Checks parts produced for any possible defects (including grease, flash, punctures, and other defects) to ensure that customer specifications are met.
- Monitors flow of product into processing machinery.
- Tends machines such as Palletizers, Strappers, Airveyors, Leak Detectors and bottle unscramblers to maintain product flow.
- Works at different work stations as production needs require.
- Maintains housekeeping of work areas.
- Observes production operation within area of control to verify compliance with quality, safety, production standards, work rules and efficient operation of equipment.
- Reports potential production downtime, scrap production, and quality of each machine under their responsibility and summarizes data from shift.
- Notifies Lead person and/or Shift Supervisor whenever items produced do not meet quality requirements or if machinery needs repair.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months related experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize work tasks
- Ability to communicate well on all levels and good interpersonal skills required
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes or unexpected events
- Ability to work in a fast moving, fast paced environment.
- Possess the ability to work all shifts and required overtime as needed
?Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
?Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
?Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
?Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
?Driving - Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements: The employee must be able to perform job functions in temperatures of one hundred plus degrees during summer season and fifty degrees during winter season.
The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and the noise level is usually loud.