Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Cubic is a contract based company, we have ongoing needs for talented Senior Software Engineer. If you don't see a current opening please feel free to apply to this job. This is not an opening, we are collecting resumes for future openings.
Performs complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyzes functional requirements
* Participate in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications
* Participate in sprint planning, revise and update programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules, milestones, and resources
* Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings
* Develops software requirements, related design, and code
* Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements
* Participate in code reviews
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment. Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Test and documents results
* Maintains liaison with the customers, coordinators, subcontractors and vendor representatives
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies software engineering process improvement and supports the execution of them across the organization
* Constantly learning new technologies to stay on the cutting edge of a rapidly changing industry
* Display theoretical and practical knowledge of best practices, design patterns, and algorithms
* Experience with online bidding, auction, predictive analytics, and/or programmatic buying solutions is highly preferred
* Display thorough understanding and utilize best practices because you have used them to solve problems in the full-cycle development process
* Provides mentor-ship and leadership to junior engineering staff
* Participate in interviews
* Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, game Development, digital media, or other engineering/technical discipline preferred, plus a minimum of five years of related experience or a master's degree with at least three years of related experience. The candidate shall possess strong analytical thinking with out of the box problem solving skills. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as but not restricted to Java, "C/C++/C#. Prior experience with cloud solution and mobile development is desired. Experience shall include architecting major components or whole application for highly-scalable web-based application and producing its specifications, design, and implementation. Display proficiency in using web server software, web framework and their languages, and SQL/no-SQL databases. Python proficiency is plus. Knowledge in distributed streaming platform is plus. Designing, implementing, and consuming APIs. Good interpersonal communication and team-oriented skills. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. Experience with Agile development is desired. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type: