Position Title: SeniorAccountant
Location: Orlando, FL
DOWORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allowus to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives.In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medicaldevices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormousopportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career andpersonal goals.
We havean exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant withinour Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Orlando,FL. In this role, you will be working within a growingand dynamic industry helping to improve clinical and economic outcomesglobally. This site is part of GlobalBusiness Services (GBS) within the Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Division. We have aglobal accountability to deliver an exceptional customer experience and createbusiness value through compliance, standardization and data analytics. The GBSgroup fosters a collaborative, team focused and winning environment whereemployees are accountable and encouraged to develop themselves.
Abbott RapidDiagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family ofbusinesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leadingtechnologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important informationfor treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
- The role is responsible for General Ledger accounting and financial reporting functions in compliance with all GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and procedures.
- Prepare and record General Ledger journal entries
- Prepare accurate and timely GL account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial analytical & trend reports
- Provide support in preparation and submission of monthly & quarterly corporate packages
- Ensure deadlines are met and issues resolved as necessary
- Assist in providing timely response to all audit requests for information and documentation
- Work with personnel & operating units to improve operational and financial processes
- Build & maintain cooperative relationships with internal and external functions
- Provide for ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Participate in the budget & forecast processes
Key Competencies Include:
- Respond and adapt to changing business needs
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5- 7 years of experience in Accounting
- A mix of experience in a publicly traded company, experience in a multi-national organization, and experience in public accounting desired
- Knowledge of an ERP/Large Accounting package; SAP a plus
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and proven organizational skills
- Highly motivated, reliable, accurate and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of US-GAAP with ability to apply technical knowledge in a practical manner to day to day operations
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of good internal controls
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels within the organization both domestic and internationally
- Strong oral and written communication skills
We provide reasonableaccommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request anaccommodation, please send an email to
- Team-oriented, self-starter with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Abbott is a globalhealthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Ourportfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, withleading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionalsand branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than160 countries.
Connect with us at , on LinkedIn at , on Facebookat and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An equal opportunityemployer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.