Retail Center Sales Consultants are critical to delivering on the sales, renewal, retention, and community penetration objectives of the Retail Centers. This will entail demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and competencies of a high performing sales professional through effectively consulting with prospects and existing customers to meet sales targets, performing timely and efficient lead management to drive close rates and retention, maintaining expert level product knowledge, utilizing multiple systems and technologies to maximize effectiveness, and conducting networking and business development tactics within the community to build awareness and future opportunities. It is also critical this role demonstrates a comfort level with change to meet the dynamic, changing business environment through quickly adapting to and adopting changes in the business model to meet critical and evolving business objectives.
The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
Provide consultative sales and service experience for customers seeking information and education on available products to support health, wellness, and income protection.
* Use web-based tools and sales systems to analyze prospective customer needs and match to appropriate company products and services.
* Conduct plan comparison and analysis for new or existing members seeking new solutions.
* Present and explain recommended products, benefits, features, and alternatives.
* Ensure new customers receive orientations/information regarding self-service and shopping tools, incentives and value-added features and information.
* Promote the additional services available to members through the center clinicians and service consultants.
* Cross-sell multiple product sets to deliver additional value to members and the enterprise.
* Utilize face-to-face, telephonic, and electronic methods to respond to customer requests for information, quotes, and/or to process sales.
* Consistently meet/exceed production targets, effectiveness measurements, and customer satisfaction scores.
Generate and act upon leads for new sales and member retention.
* Using lead management tools, perform daily outbound calls and lead management tactics to previous or prospective customers to drive sales.
* Perform outbound call campaigns to company generated sales leads.
* Generate referrals from existing client base through proactive outreach, relationship building, and delivering a best-in-class experience.
* Identify and contact at-risk customers; develop and execute retention strategies with solutions that meet customer needs.
* Set appointments for sales and member retention visits through various campaigns.
* Maintain an ongoing relationship with previous customers to drive retention and loyalty.
* Follow standard operating procedures to effectively disposition, track, and record outcomes of work efforts.
Help facilitate enrollment or education meetings with prospective or existing customers within the retail center and within community settings.
* Gain personal understanding of targeted groups' products, services and features.
* Conduct formal and informal sessions, individually or within small groups, providing information and answering questions to ensure customers understand products, benefits and tools, and how to use them.
* Track and report enrollment support activities and outcomes.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT + BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
* Develop and execute a personal business development plan inclusive of internal and external community engagement tactics to support individual and team goal attainment throughout the year.
* Perform local grassroots marketing, networking, event activation, and relationship building outside of the center to drive growth and advance the company mission.
* Build and foster relationships with key constituents, organizations, networking groups, etc. to build community awareness of the center services.
* Travel to employer groups to provide onsite enrollment assistance to individuals requiring individual coverage.
* Meet/exceed monthly targets for community engagement work and effectively record, track, and measure the impact to build or adjust future plans.
* Support Field Marketing, Local Market Presence, and Foundation initiatives to drive greater brand awareness and market share for the enterprise.
* Provide support for special events and projects (e.g., seminars, appearances, promotional events, clinical programs) for the general public in the Retail Center.
* Help ensure all customers (walk-in, telephonic or electronic) are warmly greeted, their needs are assessed quickly and they are referred to the appropriate setting, person, information or tools to address their needs.
* Consistently follow standard procedures to track key visitor information to support ongoing operational analysis, continuous improvement, and operational enhancements.
* Provide informational tours to individuals or small groups explaining the value of the retail center to the community.
* Support and build a team atmosphere where company values are demonstrated daily while working to fulfill the enterprise mission.
Required Work Experience
Must be fluently Bilingual - Spanish and English
2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
Experience in a retail sales environment
Work flexible hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Required Management Experience
No supervisory/management experience required
High school diploma or GED
Required Licenses and Certifications
State of Florida 2-15 Health, Life and Annuities license Upon Hire
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and web-based tools.
Demonstrated ability to meet/exceed sales targets.
Bachelor's degree Marketing or related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
* Experience with health insurance products to include individual and group plans. * Experience in outside sales and/or business development.
* Experience in networking, public speaking, and relationship management.
General Physical Demands
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.