Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Job Title: Carpenter Helper/Laborer
This is skilled work that requires knowledge of construction. Work involves performing heavy manual labor, which requires the use of hand tools to assemble, install, and maintain equipment and city properties. Work is performed with some independence, with more unusual or difficult work being given greater direction and supervision by a foreman.
- Participates in light construction work at City-owned properties.
- Performs minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry and concrete work.
- Performs various safety inspections as required.
- May be required to work overtime or alternate hours as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must possess a High school diploma
- Two (2) years of experience in general labor work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License.
- May be required to pass and maintain qualification for:
- Respiratory Protection Physical
- Pulmonary Function
- Qualitative and Quantitative Fit Test(s)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of the tools and standard practices of labor operations.
- Ability to understand and apply safe practices in the use of hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for prolonged periods, often under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the general public.
- Requires heavy work that involves lifting, shoveling, walking or standing most of the time and carrying 35-50 pounds on a regular and recurring basis along with exerting up to 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
- The job risks exposure to bright/dim light, wet or humid conditions, disease, pathogens, extreme noise levels, traffic, toxic/caustic chemicals, fumes, noxious odors, moving machinery, heights, dusts, pollen, extreme cold and heat.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.