The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking for a qualified Proposal Manager to support our Corporate Office in Orlando, Florida.
This exciting opportunity is full time and located in our Orlando, Florida office. In this role, you will be required to act in a dynamic proposal development role responsible for critical/key support to the Business Development team for all proposal efforts, by providing skilled support and efforts for the corporate proposal development, review, and delivery process which includes supporting Ke`aki and the Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads Proposal Management activities and as needed serves as a contributor/content developer. In support of Capture Manager, develops proposal response outlines and templates and all associated proposal management and development artifacts in accordance with industry best-practice (Shipley) and collaborates with proposal team to develop proposal response format and structure.
- Provides guidance to and mentors Proposal Analyst(s)
- Manages/collects all data calls and writing assignments to develop and submit complete, compliant, and compelling proposals. Provides guidance to other members of the proposal team.
- Works closely with the Business Development team, Consultants, Operations team, and Corporate Operations Team (Contracting, Graphics Finance, HR, Purchasing, and IT) as needed to complete the proposal effort.
- Prepares and distributes RFP summaries.
- Prepares and populates compliance matrices.
- As part of the RFP review process, collects questions from internal and external proposal stakeholders, and consolidates into Q&A format that is compliant with the RFP criteria ensuring time for review/refinement and on time submission.
- Monitors Beta.Sam and GovWin for Final RFP releases, amendments and updates and provides prompt notifications to proposal team members.
- Prepares and manages proposal schedules, reviews, and action registers.
- Prepares and provides data calls to teaming partners related to reps and certs, technical approaches, past performance, etc.
- Works in concert with operational and capture management counterparts implementing a dynamic, flexible proposal development framework.
- Coordinates proposal planning and scheduling and develops, tracks, and communicates proposal milestones.
- Conducts/leads formal proposal reviews in accordance with the Shipley methods as appropriate.
- In collaboration with Capture Managers, prepares for and holds proposal kickoff and progress meetings.
- Generates initial kickoff meeting briefing and incorporates inputs from Capture Manager.
- Leads and conducts proposal editing, formatting, compliance checks, final proposal assembly and delivery.
- Primary interface with Graphics for generation of all new proposal graphics as well as editing/maintenance of existing proposal graphics.
- Primary interface with Contracts for ensuring accurate and timely submission of proposals.
- Works closely with the Contracts department on the development of proposal cover letters, as well as all contractual, administrative, and business information required for proposal submissions.
- Tracks final submission of proposal and maintains historical trending data of full proposal lifecycle results using corporate tools and systems.
- Facilitates timely responses to Proposal Evaluation Notices (ENs).
- Acts as a change agent through continued development, maintenance, and improvement of the corporate proposal development processes and tools based on corporate goals, business development objectives, and growth priorities.
- Leads the continued development of a proposal artifact library that includes historical proposal documents, formal responses, section references and content, templates and standardized Past Performances documents.
- Translates technical data into meaningful customer value propositions.
- Participates in strategy discussions/decisions.
- Attends Industry Days and Pre-proposal conferences for opportunities as required.
- Develops, updates, and conducts proposal-related training for organization as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related area
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two plus (2+) years of proposal development and/or management experience in the federal government and/or DoD environment. (Proposal writing experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience with Federal Government competitive proposal/contracting process
- Demonstrates an understanding of proposal management skills within a structured Shipley-based proposal development process
- Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and related federal regulations
- Experience in the development, authoring, editing and production of government proposals.
- Possess excellent writing skills for both technical and marketing-focused content
- Ability to conduct research and generate original content as needed
- Knowledge of various government contract types such as: Time and Materials (TM), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Firm Fixed (CPFF), Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ).
- Possesses a demonstrated history of leadership skills leading small teams in project execution
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Desire to learn new skills, competencies, and abilities is a must and is instrumental to success
- Strong organization skills necessary and ability to multi-task
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable while maintaining and exhibiting excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the Company, as well as with subcontractors
- Ability to support fast pace and changing schedules
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines
- Excellent personal computer skills and proficiency:
- Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio (must be expert (high proficiency) level in MSWord and MS PowerPoint.
- Microsoft SharePoint or other document management system/version control system
- Strong knowledge/experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with GSA schedules preferred
- Basic experience with visual software tools for graphics and/or org charts such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Visio is a plus.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 11 paid holidays. Ke`aki Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit