We are hiring a Regional Operations Manager to co-lead and support Operations and Sales functions in the East Region. The ideal candidate will live near one of our distribution centers (Florida, South /North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts).
- Responsible for the operational activities of a variety of functional departments, distribution center(s), or facility(ies).
- Work closely with the other Regional Operations Managers to maintain best practices across the network.
- Coordinate on boarding any new high-volume customers to the Region with corporate intersection and Sales Team. Ensure any operational concerns are resolved prior to customer on-boarding for smooth transition
- Analyze problems and methodical approaches to maximize the efficiency of our DC Operations
- Work with RPM and DCL's to build action plans to address specific customer deficiencies (DPMO etc.) Coordinate any revenue moves in / out of the region as appropriate with DC to ensure preparedness
- Encourage employee engagement and recognition programs within the region along with partnering with DCL's on EOS Action Plans
- Responsible for any new facility builds within the region partnering with DCS team on inventory build-up, staffing, equipment and process flows.
- Manage capital plan for the region to include validating the need, reviewing investment opportunities, creating purchase orders and executing on plan
- May be responsible for ensuring materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, are available to meet production schedules, packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner.
- Give work direction, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Responsible for building content and co leading Regional Calls along with acting on any follow up items
12+ years operational experience including 10+ years managerial experience
- Proficient with MS (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Background and experience with JD Edwards E-1 Distribution Center Software and RF based warehouse management systems
- Project Management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead projects and/or handle large, complex processes.
- Comfortable understanding long term strategy and articulating vision while also working in daily tactical duties.
- Must be able to stand in for any distribution center leader's long term absence and provide input and experience with logistics, distribution and budgets.
- Ability to coach/mentor others; strong employee development skills
- Energetic and has ability to lead and energize others; strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and takes initiative / ownership
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate well both written and verbal
- Strong time management and organizational skills; detailed-oriented
- Knowledge of lean/Six Sigma operating methodology Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or Lean certificate a plus
- Pervious Labor Management System / Workforce Management System experience
- Consistent proven track record of achieving key performance metrics and staying within budget
- Have demonstrated success record in developing and leading cross-functional project teams that deliver cost savings
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing both safety and quality management programs
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- General Office Demands
- Must be able to travel 70% via air
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.